State sanctions register to be launched in Ukraine
The Ukrainian president has signed a law on the establishment of the state sanctions register, adopted by the parliament earlier this month.
- Subscribe to LIGA.net in English on Twitter
The sanctions register will be open to the public and contain information in both the Ukrainian and English languages.
It will include the following:
- Grounds for imposing, altering, or cancelling sanctions
- List of sanctions applied to each person
- Bodies responsible for the implementation of the decision of the national security and defence council of Ukraine on the application of sanctions
- List of persons subject to sanctions and information for their identification
- Information about the subject of the proposal to impose sanctions
- Other information to be specified in a regulation on the state sanctions register
Personal data of individuals subject to sanctions will not be considered confidential.
Since Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Ukrainian national security and defence council has imposed sanctions on 11,072 individuals.
Most recently, legal entities of the Russian Alfa Group, including shareholders of Sense Bank, were designated.